Register now

Hello. Sign in.

My Account

You are here : At Home > Frequently asked questions

How can we help?

Just type in your question or keyword(s) and we'll show you the most relevant answers.


Can I work on water pipes?

You are allowed to carry out any work on pipes which are on your side of your property boundary, whether inside or outside any buildings, providing you have permission of the land-owner and comply with the appropriate regulations. You do not need to ask for our permission.
You may also operate the boundary or external stop tap, even if this is on the public highway, but you should be careful not to cause any damage. Find out more about external stop taps here.

However, you must not dig on the public highway or remove, change or move our meter, if you have one, nor anything on our side of the stop tap. If you are relaying water pipes, you may be able to connect your new pipework to the existing pipework at the boundary of your property.
If you wish to re-lay your supply pipe and connect to the mains outside your property boundary, you must contact us before you start work and we will advise what you need to do. Contact the Developer Services team
Enable Recite