Register now

Hello. Sign in.

My Account

You are here : At Home > My Water > Waste water

Waste water

Although we supply your water, we are not responsible for processing your waste water, and only collect the charges on your sewerage providers behalf. 

Central or East regions

If you live in these regions we collect waste water charges on behalf of Thames Water and Anglian Water.

Southeast region

Customers living in the Southeast region will be billed separately by Southern Water.

Contacting your sewerage provider 

If you have a query about your waste water or if water from sewers is affecting your home please contact your sewerage provider directly.

To find out who your sewerage provider is please use our search or view our waste water area map or use our postcode checker to search our supply area.


Additional information

  • Waste water reductions

    Some sewerage companies offer reductions for waste water (water from sinks, toilets, baths etc.) or Surface Water (water that goes into drainage from rain or snow falling on your property). This reduction is given by your waste water company who will notify us to apply the reduction to the sewerage part of the bill. We cannot change your bill until we receive confirmation from them.

    If your waste water or surface water does not go into the main drainage system, i.e. you have a septic tank or your own waste management system, the waste water companies may not charge you. The reduction is at their discretion and please contact them to enquire. They may ask you to confirm current charges on your bill.

  • Surface water abatement

    There are some circumstances where you may not need to pay the full amount of your sewerage charges.

    If the rain water falling on your property does not go into the main drainage system, if it goes into a soak-away for example, you could apply for a surface water abatement. Please contact your waste water supplier.

  • Waste water abatement

    Thames Water 
    If there is a difference between the amount of water you use and the amount of effluent you discharge into the sewer system, for example water used to irrigate plants. Thames Water may grant a wastewater abatement allowance, which takes these differences into consideration. Customers will need to prove that over ten per cent of their metered water usage is not returned to the sewer for treatment and you should contact them on the details above.

    Anglian Water 
    For domestic customers, Anglian Water already allow 10% for water that does not go into the main drainage system, for metered customers, this means that usage shown by your meter readings will be used in full for water charges but only 90% of the usage will be used for waste charges. 

    If you are a business customer or can demonstrate that less than 90% of your water is returned to the main sewer, you should contact Anglian Water directly to discuss whether a higher allowance is appropriate for you.  

  • Drainage and waste water fittings

    The ConnectRight campaign aims to prevent misconnections and raise awareness about drainage and water pollution amongst property owners, the public and professionals.

    For more information see ConnectRight or contact your local WaterSafe recommended plumber.

  • Drainage problems and standing water

    At times, when there are heavy rains or when snow is melting, there may be a considerable increase in the amount of water running into the drainage system. You may notice standing water in the street and drains struggling to cope. Unfortunately, we cannot help with drainage problems, you will need to contact your waste water provider.

Chat to us via WhatsApp

Click the button below to chat to us or add our number 07971013368 to your phone (WhatsApp text messaging only).

We are available to chat between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

If you have your customer number to hand this helps us get your enquiry sorted more quickly. You can find this at the top of your bill, on your bill reminder or by logging in to My Account.

Enable Recite