Not registered?

Register today

Hello. Sign in.

My Account

You are here : At Home > My Water > I have no water

I have no water

Please use our checklist to help identify the cause of a loss of supply

1. Check for incidents or planned works in your area

View our Current Alerts
Check for planned works in your area

2. Check the water from your cold kitchen tap

The water supply usually enters your home through the cold kitchen tap. If water is coming out of the kitchen tap but nowhere else in your home, this may indicate an issue with your internal plumbing. We recommend contacting an approved plumber or your landlord to help.

3. Check if your neighbours have the same issue

If your neighbours have water, you may have an internal problem. We recommend contacting an approved plumber or your landlord.

If your property has its own single supply and connection to your water main, please contact us to investigate this further.

4. Check your stop taps are open

Your internal stop tap is normally under the kitchen sink, in the airing cupboard or under the floorboards by the front door. If the tap is closed, turn it anti-clockwise and ensure it is fully open.

Also, check your outside stop tap. If you share your water supply with your neighbours, check to see if they have recently used the outside stop tap.

Find out more about stop taps

5. Check your pipes for trapped air

Trapped air may occur if there has been an interruption to your water supply and your pipes have been drained. This can affect water flowing through your pipes. If this is a result of work carried out at your home, contact your plumber.

We will only consider carrying out internal repairs if we have caused the interruption to your supply.

6. Check with us

If you've completed the above steps without success, it may be a problem we are not aware of. Please call us on 0345 357 2407 to let us know.

Additional information

Here are some other factors that could contribute to a loss of supply in your home.

The internal plumbing of your house

Recent plumbing work can occasionally cause an internal water pressure problem. If your mains-fed tap (usually the kitchen tap) is supplying water at normal pressure, but taps supplied by your internal water tank are not, please contact your plumber.

Need a plumber?
We recommend you get three quotes from plumbers that are part of an approved contractors scheme, such as WaterSafe.
Find WaterSafe approved plumbers in your area >


Shared water supplies

You may share a supply pipe with your neighbours. Check to see if the stop tap is closed (inside and outside) if there is a burst, all the properties on the supply pipe are likely to be affected. You can also check to see if any building works are going on nearby or if there is an empty property with a stop tap turned off.

Responsibility for water pipes


Chat to us via WhatsApp

Click the button below to chat to us. Alternatively, add our number 07971013368 to your phone contacts (WhatsApp text messaging only).

We are available to chat between 8am-6pm Monday-Friday.

Enable Recite