Serving parts of North West London and the Home Counties.

Struggling to pay your bill?

We understand how stressful life can get when paying your bills is a struggle.

We have many ways to help you so please take a look at the options below. If you find you don’t qualify for any of the schemes listed, then please contact us to discuss a payment plan to suit you.

Read our 'Help with payment problems' leaflet to find out how we can help you >>


LIFT – your low income fixed Social Tariff

We want to provide water at affordable prices to all of our valued customers.

Our LIFT fixed-tariff is aimed at customers who have a low household income or are claiming benefits. You will receive a fixed bill for the year that can be spread monthly.

Great! Will I qualify?

If you answer YES to either of the statements below then you are eligible for LIFT.

  • I have a household income of less than £16,105 excluding benefits. I can supply supporting evidence to prove my income which shows my name and address, and I am the person named on the water account.


  • I claim one of the following benefits - Income related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Job Seeker’s Allowance, Housing Benefit, Universal Credit, Pension Credit. I can supply supporting evidence of my benefits, which shows my name and address, and I am the person named on the water account.

Please note: If you qualify based on the criteria above, your water charges will be fixed at £97.50 per year from 1st April 2018 (not applicable for the sewerage element of your bill). If your current water charge is less than £97.50 you may not qualify.

Important note: If you are eligible to apply, you will need to upload supporting documents from your computer. These will probably be from scanned copies of your supporting documents. If you are unable to provide your documents in this way, please contact us.



Help with your waste water or sewerage charges

As you may know, we collect the charges for your waste water services on behalf of the sewerage companies. They have their own schemes to help those struggling with their bills. We can only reduce that part of your bill when they tell us, so you must contact them first. Please note, the waste water companies have their own ways of working out if you should get a reduction and this is not the same as our criteria.

If Thames Water provides your waste water services, please download and complete their form here. Please email your completed form and any supporting evidence to or to the address at the bottom of the form.

If Anglian Water provides your waste water services and you would like to apply, their LITE scheme is being managed on behalf of Anglian Water by Northampton Citizens Advice Bureau. You will need to telephone them (details below).

Telephone number for applicants: 01604 215980
Opening Hours: 9:00 – 17:30 Monday – Friday

The Citizens Advice Bureau will book a telephone appointment with you and confirm the information that you will need to have to hand to complete the LITE assessment. A letter will also be sent confirming this information. They will make their decision based on your responses and will let us know if we need to change your bill.

WaterSure Scheme – financial help for vulnerable metered customers

The WaterSure Scheme is here to help vulnerable, high water consumption metered customers. It works by capping your charges, so additional water usage is not chargeable.

WaterSure is aimed at metered customers who claim benefits and have a large family of 3 or more children OR have a medical condition that requires the use of extra water.

Great! Will I qualify?

If you answer YES to ALL of the following statements then you should apply.

  • Your existing supply is charged on a metered basis

  • You are in receipt of a qualifying benefit

  • There are either 3 or more children under the age of 19 living in the property or 1 or more persons living in the property that suffers from a medical condition that involves the use of significant amounts of water.

If you feel that you qualify then apply for WaterSure today >>


AquaCare from Anglian Water

If you are a large household, without children and without a family member who suffers a relevant medical condition, you may benefit from the AquaCare scheme. It aims to help metered households that use a lot of water by giving a lower unit cost per cubic meter but a higher annual standing charge.

You must be in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits (Income related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Job Seeker’s Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council tax benefit, State Pension Credit, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit (other than just the family element)) and have a meter which records usage of more than 124 cubic metres of water usage per year.

If you think you meet these criteria, please contact us on 0345 357 2401 during normal office hours and we will be able to advise you. If you do qualify we will apply the tariff from the date of your last meter reading, so you will see the AquaCare tariff when you receive your next bill. Please note, this tariff is offered by Anglian Water and cannot be backdated. 

Water Direct Scheme – for customers in debt and unable to pay current bill

The Water Direct Scheme is for customers who are already in arrears and are unable to pay their current bill.

The scheme is run in partnership with the Department of work and pensions; it allows you to set up a weekly payment which is taken directly out of your benefits.

Great! Will I qualify?

If you answer YES to ALL of the following statements then you should apply.

  • I am in debt and can’t afford to pay my current bill

  • I am on one of the following benefits: Income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Pension Credit

If you feel that the Water Direct Scheme is right for you, then please contact us on 0800 697 982


Contact us


If you are having problems paying your bill, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. All calls are confidential and our friendly staff is here to help. Telephone: 0800 697982 

Independent advice

If you prefer to get free confidential advice the following agencies may be able to help you.