Serving parts of North West London and the Home Counties.

In this section

Are we your water provider?

Use our post code search to find out.

To use the search please enter your complete postcode, for example, AL10 9EZ.

Got a question?

Got a question?
Close knowledge base questions

Water Mapping

View our plans and see where our water mains are located

Water Mapping Banner


You can find out how to obtain plans showing where our clean water mains are located across our three supply regions – Central, East and Southeast. Plans can be obtained by email or online from our mapping website.


Supply area

To check if your site location falls within our supply area, please use the postcode checker in the green box on the left-hand side of this page. Alternatively, click the link to view a more detailed map showing our three supply regions Affinity Water supply area


Information for Non-Household Customers

From 1st April 2017, businesses in England will be able to choose their supplier of retail services for water and sewerage.  From this date you will no longer be able to speak directly to the water company for your area, as you do today. You will instead deal directly with your own chosen retailer.

Until that point you should continue to contact us with any requests for apparatus information. Please call Affinity for Business on 0345 357 2424.

From 1st April 2017, you should contact your retailer directly and you will find their contact details on your water bill. If you are a contractor or an agent working on behalf of a business customer please continue to request apparatus information directly from us, the Wholesaler, at or visit our website

Contact Us

If you need to know where our water mains are located, the Geographical Analysis Team are here to help. To get in contact with the team please either email: or call us on 01707 398693. The team is generally available Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm (3.30pm Fridays). If you email us, we will reply within 5 working days.

Obtaining water maps


Affinity Water provides a mapping website that allows online access to our clean water mains records. If you work directly for a Public Body, i.e. for local or national government, or for an Infrastructure Body - as defined by Schedule 1 of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2006 then access to our NRSWA website is free and you will not need to provide us with a copy of your organisation’s Ordnance Survey (OS) licence.

If you work for an organisation that does not hold either Public or Infrastructure Body status, we can still register you on our website but please be aware that we will first need to obtain a copy of your organisation’s OS licence. This confirms we can make Ordnance Survey’s copyright mapping available to you. To find out why you need an OS PMCL please click here.

Affinity Water charges a one-off administration set-up charge of £35 + VAT (£42), per user, which will be collected by invoice after registration. Please click below to enter the NRSWA Mapping website.









Alternatively you can also request asset plans by emailing or calling us on 01707 398693. If you work for a Public or Infrastructure Body, or are the property owner or occupier at the location you are requesting information for, we will issue you plans free of charge. If you work for any other type of business, plans will be issued free of charge under our NRSWA obligations if streetworks documentation is provided for the request location.

If you cannot provide us with streetworks documentation then each plan will be charged an administration fee of £35 + VAT (£42). When you write to us, please include a map location and/or map reference, along with a brief description of works being planned at this location

If you are working as a contractor for either a Public or Infrastructure body, please be aware that we will no longer accept ‘authorisation’ from them on your behalf. If you wish to obtain information from us directly, streetworks will need to be provided to obtain asset plans without charge.   

Visits to view plans

You can also view plans of the water network by making an appointment to visit our main offices in Manningtree (Essex), Folkestone (Kent) and Hatfield (Herts) during normal working hours. To book an appointment please email Appointments are free of charge.

Service Pipes

The NRSWA mapping system only shows our water mains network and does not include the location of our service pipes.

If you need the location of our communication pipe – the pipe from our water main to the boundary of your property (or our boundary stop tap), then please contact us at or call on 01707 398693.

We may have some additional information available that we can share but our records do vary by location. If we have no information available, we may put you in touch with our Operational Contact Centre (0345 357 2407) to make an appointment for one of our Customer Service Technicians to visit and help you with your request.

If you need to find the location of your private supply pipe, usually located within the boundary of your property, you will need to contact a plumber or ground work contractor to help you. A list of water industry approved contractors can be found on the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme website at

When looking for a plumber we recommend you select one who is an eligible member of an Approved Contractors’ Scheme, such as WaterSafe.

WaterSafe is a national plumbing assurance scheme with the aim of providing recognition for competent plumbers and assurance to customers seeking water supply plumbing work. Visit to find your nearest qualified plumbing and heating professionals.

If you would like more information on service pipes please read this link for more information.

Developer Services

If you need more than just an asset plan - perhaps you also need to ask about a new water main or connection, you may need a network capacity check if you are building a number of new units, you may wish to talk to us about diversion of apparatus (including issuing us C2, C3 or C4 notices) or request a feasibility study. Please get in touch with our Developer Services team either by email or call 0345 357 2428.

For more information please view our Developer Services page .


We supply drinking (clean) water only. To find out who provides your sewerage services (waste water) please view our waste water page or visit


If you are involved in the Conveyancing process or require a CON29DW Drainage and Water pack, please contact the drainage water company in your area for assistance. In the Affinity Water regions you will need to contact either: Thames Water - 08450 709148; Anglian Water – 08450 709109, or Southern Water – 08452 700212.