Contact us

Developer services

0345 357 2428

Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm.


View our frequently asked questions >

Register now

Hello. Sign in.

My Account

You are here : At Home > Developing > DS-Other-Developments

Other developments

If you are building a new block of flats/apartments, converting an existing building into flats or creating a commercial property, you are most likely going to need a new water connection to our water main and a connection to the public sewer to take the sewage away.

If the property needs a large amount of water, especially water used in industrial processing, you may need a large water connection and if you are disposing of this water into the sewer you might need special permission.


Install an gricultural trough

If you need a new water supply for a trough in a field for agricultural purposes you need to apply for a standard water connection. You are responsible for laying a service pipe in private land down to the nearest existing water main for us to connect to. Once you have applied we may arrange a site visit and we’ll confirm where you should lay the service pipe to. We’ll send you the connection costs for the work within the public highway. A water meter will be installed at the point of connection in an external boundary box and you’ll receive an individual bill/account for this trough supply. This follows the same process as applying for a connection to a new house. No sewer connection is required.

Application fee calculator

Calculate your application fee

Learn more

Useful information

The latest forms, leaflets, and advice about our services

Learn more


If you need a bit of extra help, why not take a look at our FAQ's

Learn more

Enable Recite